- Season the burger and brown it in a skillet.
- Add one can of drained black beans, 6 ounces of cream cheese, and 6 ounces of corn.
- Mix together under medium heat until the cream cheese is melted and the corn is tender.
- Grate the Monterey jack cheese onto the soft taco shells and warm them in the oven at 250 degrees.
- When the meat mixture is hot and the cheese on the taco shells is melted, distribute the meat mixture onto the tacos.
- Roll, eat and enjoy!
We served ours with a fresh tossed salad 🙂
Tag Archives: quick dinner recipes
The Flat Iron steak is a portion of the chuck roast (shoulder roast). Dr. Chris Calkins at the University of Nebraska discovered the “Flat Iron” doing tenderness tests on cuts of beef. It is one of the most tender cuts of beef and is one of Megan’s favorite steaks!
During the summer months, we cook our Flat Iron steaks on an outside grill. When the temperatures are holding in the single digits during January, we cook our Flat Iron steaks on Matt’s grandmother’s Farberware inside grill. They take longer to cook on the Farberware grill than our charcoal grill, but you stay much warmer cooking them inside!
Needs: Flat Iron Steaks, Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing, a container or plastic bag to marinate the meat, a grill.
Megan also make Chocolate Crinkle cookies to serve for dessert. They were almost as good as the Flat Irons!