Despite their remarks that summer has gone too fast, my girls head back to school on Wednesday. They’ve been on vacation for three months, but I have to admit that it seems like last week when we transitioned from school to the swim team season.
The warm summer months were filled with:
- Fitness training for both swimming and Cross Country
- Shooting thousands of baskets to prepare for basketball
- Taking care of our grass cattle and pasture ground
- And doing other farm chores….
- And welcoming a new puppy into our family!
I’m not sure exactly what the girls had in mind for their last day of summer, but their Mama decided to finish out the vacation with a Facebook Live broadcast from Roberts Cattle Company to visit our cattle at the feed yard.
I tell my girls that the road to excellence isn’t comfortable, so it seems appropriate to finish up the summer pushing my comfortable limits and forging into new territory. I’ve never done a Facebook Live broadcast, but I think that it is a great way to increase transparency and allow folks to have insight into life at a cattle feed yard.
I would ask that you all support me in this new endeavor by both sharing the news of the broadcast and getting online to participate in it. It will be at 7:30am central time tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. Just hop onto Facebook to the FeedYard Foodie page to watch. I plan for the broadcast to go approximately 10 minutes, so you can hang out with Karyn, Megan and I (along with our bovines) as you enjoy your morning coffee!
Please feel free to ask questions during the broadcast, or you can leave them here in the comment section of this blog prior to tomorrow morning.
- Have you ever wondered about the story of where your beef comes from?
- Do you want to know about life in a Nebraska feedlot?
- Are you looking for a way to start your day with a smile?
Join us tomorrow morning at 7:30am via Facebook Live 😊
See you then!