Naomi @ fromthecornerofthecirclel.blogspot.com tagged me to complete the blog challenge of answering fifty personal questions. I met Naomi and her friend Terryn @ faithfamilyandbeef.com through a mutual friend and mentor, Robin Coulter Lapaseotes. Robin and I were Kindred Spirits and I am very thankful to have gotten to know Naomi and Terryn as we work together to carry on Robin’s legacy.
The psychologist in me enjoyed thinking about and working to answer the questions. I send many thanks to Naomi for including me in the blogging thread🙂
1. Are you a morning or a night person? Morning — reading bunks every morning at 6:00am makes you a morning person!
2. Do you prefer sweet or salty foods? As a child I preferred sweet foods, but as an adult I have decided to like them both…
3. Ninjas or Pirates? Ninjas
4. Ninjas or Pirates, discuss….I was a green belt in Kung Fu during my high school years.
5. Autobots or Decepticons? I have no idea what they are so am unable to answer the question…
6. What was your favorite childhood television program? My mom had a habit of kicking my brother and I outside to play so we watched very little television. The weather in Florida is conducive to being outside year round🙂
7. Are you a collector of anything? Animals — we live just north of town and tend to accumulate abandoned animals and are too soft-hearted to turn them away.
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be? One that was able to take up residence at the Feed Yard Foodie house — they tend to have a good life!
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? If I had a superpower it would be the ability to make kids believe — in themselves and their ability to pursue greatness — imagine how awesome our country would be if all of our young people aspired to achieve excellence!
10. What is usually your first thought when you wake up? The first thing I do in the morning when I wake up is remind myself what day it is — since every day begins by reading bunks at the feed yard, I tend to forget which day of the week it is🙂
11. What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? I take a moment to count my blessings and be thankful for the wonderful life that my favorite farmer and I work together to build.
12. What’s your favorite color? Green
13. What’s your favorite animal? I love all animals, but I prefer cattle, horses, dogs, and cats.
14. Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? No
15. Do you believe in ghosts? As a “cradle Episcopalian”, I believe in the Trinity — God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit — I try to take God with me every day and believe in the comforting presence of the Holy Spirit.
16. Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? No, I do not play either. When I have a little bit of spare time, I either write blog posts or I read books.
17. If you were given 1 million dollars, what would you spend it on? College tuition for my girls — anything left over I would likely donate to local youth sports programs as my passion is developing the next generation of athletes.
18. Have any bad habits? I drink a Pepsi every afternoon.
19. Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? People who are so attached to their electronic devices that they do not put them away during conversations, meals, or meetings.
20. List 3 of your best personality traits. Tenacity, work ethic, altruism
21. List 3 of your worst personality traits. I set high standards and get frustrated with people who don’t share them, I hold grudges, and while I have a vast amount of patience with animals, I do not have enough with people.
22. Have any celebrity crushes? No, I never have. I must be too much of a realist.
23. List 1 thing that you wish you could change about yourself. I would forgive more easily and not hold grudges against the people that hurt me.
24. Any tattoos or piercings? I used to have my ears pierced but let the holes close. My girls think that I should have them re-pierced, but I never take the time to do it.
25. What’s the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? How quickly they smile — my favorite farmer had me from the first grin🙂
26. What’s your dream date? A sunset walk on the beach, but I tend to settle for checking fields with Matt or cheering on our girls at their various sporting events.
27. What personality traits do you look for in a partner? Loyalty. My favorite farmer has been my source of strength for more than half my life. From my own difficult health challenges a decade ago to the pressure of running a farm, Matt has always been my greatest champion. His love never waivers, and he devotes his life to “his girls”.
28. What personality traits do you dislike in other people? Selfishness.
29. Do you see yourself getting married in the next 5 years? My favorite farmer and I will celebrate 20 years of marriage this June, and we are looking forward to 50 more. My grandparents shared over 70 years of love and devotion — Matt and I have always tried to emulate them in our relationship.
30. Are you mostly a clean or a messy person? I do not like clutter, but I prefer being outside so my house is rarely truly clean.
31. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Nebraska — It’s home to “The Good Life”🙂
32. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Scotland and Ireland
33. List 5 goals on your life’s to-do list:
- Continuous improvement – getting better each and every day
- Be a loving and supportive wife and mother
- Inspire kids to look for greatness in their lives
- Make a meaningful and positive difference in cattle welfare throughout the beef production chain
- Figure out a way to make my feed yard be financially solvent on a consistent basis to ensure sustainability of the farm.
34. Name 1 regret you have: I regret that I got sick when my youngest daughter was born — it was so hard on Matt and I have very limited memories of Karyn’s first years which saddens me.
35. Name 1 thing that you miss about being a kid: Digging my toes in the sand on a warm beach.
36. Name 1 thing that you love about being an adult: I love being a mom and watching my girls find their way on the journey of life.
37. What’s your favorite song of the moment? “It all started with a beer”, by Frankie Ballard.
38. What’s your favorite song of all time? Any Sawyer Brown song…
39. What’s your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? In the fall, we watch college football games as a family. The rest of the year, I enjoy just hanging out with Matt and the girls decomposing after the week.
40. What’s your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? I coach weekly swim team practices on Sunday afternoons during the “off season” from September to Mid-May. I love coaching and the kids ensure that I start the new week off with a smile🙂
41. Have any hidden talents? I used to be a sailing instructor during my former life as a Florida teenager.
42. You’re about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? Beef brisket with cheesy potatoes and broccoli.
43. What would be your dream job? Running a cattle feed yard without having to worry about financial solvency.
44. Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? True love — my favorite farmer is just that AWESOME!
45. If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- I wish that our country could have a President and a governing Congress that believed that serving America and being true to the historical pillars of our country was more important than achieving personal power and gain.
- I wish that people would trust the farmer that grows their food.
- I wish that all young Americas would grow up valuing integrity, hard work, and empathy.
46. Ever wish that you were born the opposite sex? No.
47. Name 1 thing that not many people know about you: I was mugged at gun-point at the age of 18, and 23 years later I still cannot walk around a city at night without being afraid.
48. If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to? I’ve never thought about it — I guess that I would choose one of my girls’ names.
49. Do you believe in the afterlife? Yes.
50. How do you feel about cookies? I love to bake cookies — I find it relaxing. I am a bit of a “cookie snob” though, and only eat homemade ones.
In keeping with tradition, I now nominate:
Jake and Carolyn at The Cow Docs
Debbie at Kids Cows and Grass
Kim at Seasons Girl
I am calling you all out — think about the questions and answer them on your blog if the spirit moves you. No pressure, just have fun!
Once again, many thanks to Naomi @ From the Corner of the Circle L🙂