While the love story that brought me to agriculture was steeped in romanticism, the secret to my success as a cattle caregiver and the “boss lady” at our feed yard is buried deeply in the five lessons listed below.
5 Lessons that I want my children to learn before they go to college…
- The only thing that you are entitled to is work. Do not expect for the world to hand you what you want — Know that you will have to work for it.
- Realize that attitude is everything and will shape your perspective — Look favorably upon your responsibilities, then they will also become your joys.
- The most important thing that you take with you is your integrity. Respect it enough to always be loyal to the truth.
- Work Ethic + Attitude + Integrity = A Leader. Be one — The world will be a better place if you share of yourself.
- The Road To Excellence Is Rarely Comfortable. Excellence is not about comfort — It is about reaching above and beyond your capabilities in order accomplish far more than your dreams.