My cowboy loves grass finished bison meat. He shared some with us this weekend and my favorite 11 year old cowgirl chef used it to make enchiladas. The following recipe is also really good with grain or grass finished beef hamburger. It’s your choice!
Enchilada needs: 2# ground meat, 8-10 soft whole wheat taco shells, package of Provolone cheese, 1/2 package of Mozarella cheese, package of McCormick Enchilada sauce mix, 8 ounce can of tomato sauce, Parmesan crusted “shake and bake” seasoning, water.
- In a frying pan, cook meat until done. Put in a healthy shake of Parmesan crusted “shake and bake” seasoning while browning the meat.
- In a sauce pan: combine tomato sauce, water and enchilada mix (Megan only used half a package of the sauce mix because she do not like spicy food). Bring the sauce to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Combine the sauce with the cooked meat and stir.
- Grate provolone cheese onto the whole wheat soft taco shells.
- Add meat and sauce to each taco shell. Roll it, and place it seam down in a lasagna pan.
- Pour extra meat sauce onto the top of the rolled tacos.
- Grate mozzarella cheese over the top of the tacos.
Serve alongside your favorite vegetable and enjoy!