A couple of weeks ago, Feed Yard Foodie passed its “18 month birthday”. In honor of reaching that milestone, I would like to share a few statistics and thoughts with each of you regarding the cyber journey…
In the last 18 months Feed Yard Foodie:
- Received approximately 85,000 hits from more than 130 countries around the world.
- Created 176 posts that are archived under 14 different categories.
- Welcomed 266 regular blog site followers and 554 facebook “likes”.
In the last 18 months, I have learned:
- Creating a good blog post takes several hours.
- Often ideas for posts pop into my head at odd times, and sometimes the resulting post metamorphoses into something only distantly related to the original idea.
- I love taking pictures for the blog even more than I love writing the posts.
- As with every other aspect of my life, I am a creature of habit. My regular Tuesday and Thursday posts reflect that tendency.
- Maintaining a conversation with many many people that I do not know is a unique challenge.
- I love to read comments relative to my posts because they give me a glimpse into who my readers are and what inspires them.
- Explaining how I care for cattle and raise beef to each of you drives me to be a better caregiver to my animals and inspires me to constantly improve.
After 18 months of hearing me pontificate, I would like to know from you all:
- What do you like best about the Feed Yard Foodie site and my blog posts?
- What do you think that I can do better in the next 18 months?
- What topics do you wish that I would write about?
- Do you feel as though I do a good job articulating about my family and our lives on a farm? If not, what I can do to better help you understand?
- What motivates you to “like” a post or to comment?
I would very much appreciate any and all insight. Pick an above question to answer, or answer all of them 🙂
Please know that I value your insight, and am so very thankful that each of you has allowed me to become a part of your life over the past 18 months…